School Year Starting Soon!
Zach had the opportunity last week to give his first sermon at my home church. His topic was from 2 Corinthians 7:2-16. He spoke on the circle of encouragement between Paul, Corinth, and Titus. Paul encouraged Corinth with a letter of appeal, Titus encouraged Paul by his report of the Corinthians returning to God in repentance, and Titus was encouraged by Corinth because they lived up to the expectation that Paul had given. They each were an encouragement to each other, building each other up in the body of believers. Encouragement can spur us on and give us courage that we are walking a good path. We are looking forward to being a part of that on the Willamette campus and we love being a part of that in our partnership with you.
Just wanted to update you really quick on what has been going on. Heidi and I have been working really hard to get our support raised so we can be on campus this fall. We are inching closer every day with each phone call, meeting and message we do. God is at work in this process and we see Him moving. We are looking forward to getting on campus but need to be close to 95% before joining campus.
Join with us in praying that we can get the necessary support in and begin working with college students in the next few weeks. I believe having specifics to pray for is important. Heidi and I are currently at 78% of our support package. That means we need to raise about $1,061 a month to be at a 100 percent support raised. This would allow us to focus our full energies to students each week instead of worrying about our support level. We want to be fruitful in ministry and are preparing so we can be fully engaged on campus.
- Raise the rest of our support. That we remain encouraged as we continue working hard and trusting in the Lord for support.
- For us to find a place to rent in Salem Oregon that fits our budget and is near campus. If you know of any, please let us know!
- To find people to partner with our ministry through prayer, finances, and referrals.
- Pray for the students as they begin arriving on campus. Pray that God is already stirring in their hearts a desire to know Him.
- Pray for students who are already believers to grow and to be bold in their faith and willing to share Christ with others.
Zach and Heidi